Friday, October 22, 2010

"King of the world"

Lincoln has been spouting some interesting phrases lately. I wanted to write about 3 from today before I forgot them.

Parker, Anndra, and I were having breakfast in the dining room when Lincoln popped his head over the top of the recliner and said, "What's going on here, folks?"

This one may be a you-had-to-be-there kind of thing. Lincoln was playing in the toy room... having his little play-dough creations talk to each other - and one of them said, "SOMEbody's in my way!" It totally cracked me up, but I guess it is kind of hard to explain on a blog.

I wish I had a picture of this last one. He was playing on the bleachers at the park with a friend from church. When he reached the top bench, he put both arms straight up in the air and yelled, "I'M KING of the WORLD!" (and I promise he hasn't seen Titanic). Maybe I'll have him re-enact it and take a little video... but it's never quite as good as when it was spontaneous.

1 comment:

  1. What a funny boy, I love it. And I know what you mean about the need to be there thing. My kids will say things sometime that just crack me up, just because it's so odd that they said it...but other people don't always find those funny. For example, my girls have been saying "I can handle it." a lot lately and I smile every time. It just sounds so grown up coming out of their mouths.

    ReplyDelete