Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Big Day



For the last of Anndra's birthday week posts, I'm going to share a few highlights from her special day.

I was actually away from the family most of the day because I took a good friend to the temple in Orlando.




When I got home there was just enough time to: throw the cake in the oven, run to the store for frosting, come back, have dinner, frost the cake, sing to our girl, and eat the cake - before her bedtime. Whew!

Anndra played with the frosting lids while the boys worked on picking out the perfect candle:






The cake before we chopped it:




Anndra patiently waiting for the 'party' to begin:




Trying to get a little taste in advance:




She finally gets her very own piece:



I think she likes it!




Immediately after Anndra went to bed, Todd and I simultaneously fell sound asleep in the living room while the boys played. (Sneaky Parker took pictures of us and then insisted I include them in the post).





It isn't that unusual for one of us to take an after-dinner snooze, but this was the FIRST time we've ever both slept while kids were still awake. Oh well... the house didn't burn down, right?

2 comments:

  1. What a great birthday! I love that Parker caught your snoozes on camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I'm going to do when my kids can take pics of me :) Happy Birthday Anndra!!

    ReplyDelete