Saturday, June 25, 2011

St. Augustine Beach

Well folks, I've once again uploaded more pictures than I meant to... it's just too hard to choose the best ones! So for those of you who stick with me to the end of the post, I thank you. :)

*****

We (except Todd) had a great beach day a couple weeks ago. We met some friends at St. Augustine beach (our first time there) and it was a BEAUTIFUL day. We set up under the pier at first because it was low tide:



The younger kids enjoyed the little pools around each support (notice my awesome friend, Michelle, photographing our cuties):









But of course, it wasn't long before Lincoln decided to hit the waves:



You might have to magnify this one to see that Lincoln and his friend are holding hands - aww!



Does it surprise anyone that Parker is the leader of this little adventure?:







Parker has his goggles on because there were tons of tiny fish in the tidal pools. Thanks for this great pic, Michelle!:



Here are two more dear friends. Tina is my age and hadn't been to the beach in over 20 years! "Lifeguard" Heather helped her have the courage to walk out into the water:



Eventually, after several more friends joined us, we had to relocate up by the rocks because the tide was coming in. In fact, the water kept surprising us and trying to pull our towels, bags, etc. out into the waves before we even knew it was coming! Here's the whole group once we finally got set up in our last spot:



Lincoln liked rock climbing almost as much as he had enjoyed the wave-jumping:



It wasn't long before Anndra joined him... digging for treasure, I think:



Look what I found, Mom!



One last pic of Lincoln and his 'girlfriend' - she's not around right now and he is sad. What's that saying... "Women: can't live with 'em, can't live without em"? Indeed:

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! I love the pictures of Lincoln and his girlfriend and Parker in his goggles...classic! It is great that so many friends were able to meet up for a day at the beach, call me next time and Addie and I will join you (just gives us a two day heads up :) love you!

    ReplyDelete