Thursday, September 30, 2010

Where's the Daddy?

I feel like there simply isn't enough of Todd on this blog. Part of the reason is that I almost never take any pictures. Todd's always the one with the camera, capturing moments in our family's life - but that's why the kids and I are always the ones in the pics I post.

So I decided to capture a cute daddy moment. Todd usually calls as he leaves work to let us know he's on his way, and we often meet him out on the driveway to welcome him home. At this point he grabs the baby, takes Lincoln by the hand, and heads for the mailbox. As he came in and began opening the mail the other day, Anndra wanted to "help" so she reached out and held the paper up for Todd.



I hurried and took a candid shot (above) and then had them turn to look at me and smile (by the way, does anyone know why it is so difficult to get 2-year-olds to look normal in posed shots?):



Now we can't leave Parker out of this post, so here's one from last week when he had his friend S over for a play-date:



One cute thing her mom told me is that S is already talking about how much she doesn't want to go to 4th grade "because Parker won't be there." It reminded me that even though we're really looking forward to leaving Florida in two years, it IS going to be hard to leave the friends we've made here.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to get two-year-olds to look normal for posed shots because they have no concept of what posing is, how to do it, or why they have to do it.

    Parker looks awfully cozy with his friend there. ;)

    ReplyDelete