Thursday, September 2, 2010

Family Reunion in Colorado

We had a WONDERFUL time with my family at our reunion, which we do every 3 years... we spend a full week with just my parents, their kids, and their grandkids - 28 people this time (14 adults and 14 kids).



We stayed in a large cabin at a Rocky Mountain Camp near Pikes Peak. Unfortunately, NONE of my pictures come even a little bit close to showing how amazingly beautiful it was up there. But here are a few highlights.

Here we are lining up so that teams could be chosen for a kickball game in the field:



We also did some fun relay races for the little kids - like pass the cotton ball on a spoon:



There was a really big pond for kayaking - which was a favorite pastime among the big kids and I'll probably end up doing a whole post about that later:



We went on several adventures away from the camp as well, including Guys/Girls Night Out (movie and dessert), a drive up to Pikes Peak (which I will post about once I get pics from my sibs), and an outing to the local dinosaur museum:




Of course, there was indoor entertainment too.

Here is my sister-in-law explaining the rules for a treasure hunt, which the kids loved:



We had a talent sharing night for FHE. Here is my brother doing a magic trick... making ping-pong balls disappear:



We also did crafts - great for all ages:



But mostly we played lots and lots of games and ate lots and lots of yummy FOOD:



And since I can't finish with a picture of me stuffing my face, here's a better ending shot - me, my mom, and my baby:

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh... Jen, what a terrific write-up on our great week together! Such wonder and beauty on the outside (our incredible setting) and on the inside (our incredible family)! I guess I AM a little biased... :)

    ReplyDelete