Monday, May 16, 2011

catching up...

I took a break from blogging and now I have so much to post that I don't know where to begin!

I guess I'll start by finishing up Ben & Heidi's visit and adding a few Easter Egg Hunt pics. Then I'll probably post daily for a while to catch up - so for those of you who get these as email, get ready to 'hear' a lot from me! Thanks for your patience. ;)


We enjoyed showing Ben's fam many of Florida's creatures...

BIG:


and SMALL:


and everything in between (like the turtles shown here):


We kept the babies up on shoulders so they could see and couldn't wander away. Next time we'll bring a stroller!






We also had fun just hanging out together at the house. One night we got everyone out front on bikes, scooters, etc.



It was good timing for Lincoln because his legs finally grew long enough for him to ride Parker's first two-wheeler.



It made him feel like such a big boy! But he switched back to his scooter pretty quickly so that he could keep up with Uncle Ben's cool moves.





The day after everyone left, we joined some friends from church at a park for an Easter Egg hunt.

This year's hunters - patiently waiting to begin:


Parker was really great at being silly with the little kids to distract them while we finished hiding the eggs:


Some of the boys mid-hunt:


It was a HOT, HOT day and we were glad for the shade these big trees provided:


Checking out their spoils:

Notice little Brooke (the baby I watch every week) in the stroller. She's still in that great stage where she is thoroughly entertained by watching the big kids do their thing. It's lovely - everybody wins.



One last thing. I'm including this final picture because it reminded me of the fact that Anndra is now the age Lincoln was when she was born (19 months). I can't believe he was really this little! ...barely talking, just starting nursery, sometimes taking 2 naps, still needing some help to eat, etc. They both have changed so much since then - it's amazing to me what a difference a year and a half can make.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics Jen! Isn't it amazing when your baby gets to the age that your other kids were when they were born...13 months is always an amazing age for me to observe because I can't believe that's how old Jane was when Maren was born...CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete