Saturday, May 28, 2011

Camp Crystal



A few weeks ago the entire second grade at Parker's elementary school took a field trip to a place called Camp Crystal. I was lucky enough to go along as a chaperon. I always appreciate opportunities to spend time with Parker while he's around his friends because I feel like I get to see another side of him - and sort of peek into this other life he has at school.

Parker and S on the bus on our way there:



We went on a nature hike, stopping every couple of minutes to hear our guide (camp teacher) tell us lots of interesting things about habitats, ecosystems, plant and animal life, soil, and other things about our Florida environment.

Parker is on the far right and the guide is on the far left with the orange shirt and dark visor:



After walking around outside for a couple of hours (including some time by the lake where we took the first pic of this post), we were able to sit down and cool off in a tiny "museum" that was air-conditioned (hooray!).



The boy on Parker's right above (in the green shirt) is his other best friend and the three of them do everything together... in fact, now that I realize what good buddies they are I'm sad that I didn't get him in more of the pictures. For example, he was sitting next to Parker at lunch (below) but I only took the photo of the other two. :(



Finally, we got to take a hay-ride all around the camp:




The 2nd graders were disappointed that they didn't get to play on this climbing wall - but I, for one, was relieved:



After an exhausting day, the three friends fell fast asleep on the bus and stayed that way for the entire 40 minute ride back to school:

No comments:

Post a Comment