Sunday, May 13, 2012

Darling Anndra

Our sweet baby girl is due for another update.  None of the stories go with the pics, but I'll sprinkle them throughout the post anyway.



She says "door knock" instead of door knob... and "compu-work" instead of computer.  When she helps me put the clean laundry away, she loves to hang each shirt on the "door knock" of the room it needs to go in.  And whenever I try to do email, she's always asking me to close my "compu-work" and play.
 

Earlier this year when we were separated from Todd so much (being in Utah 2 out of 3 months), Anndra got a lot better at chatting on the phone.  Every time she began talking to her Daddy, she would ask, "Where are your doing?" - which I think was her version of "Where are you?" and "What are you doing?" wrapped up in one.  Made me smile every time.
 
 She's going through a bossy phase right now.  If she doesn't get what she wants, she puts her hands on her hips, pulls her eyebrows together, and just keeps saying it louder and louder.  I think she's trying to put authority in her voice - it's adorable and frustrating all at once.
Her new favorite cartoon is My Little Pony.  We've endured these little obsessions of hers in the past: first Dora and Diego, then Bubble Guppies, and eventually Leapfrog Learning DVDs (which was my favorite).  Well, now it is My Little Pony and she is absolutely smitten with the characters and their adventures.  She wants all of us to pretend we're ponies with her.  She RUNS (gallops?) through the house calling, "Come on, Mom!" over her shoulder.  As annoying as it can be to hear nothing but My Little Pony all day long, I have to admit I'll be kind of sad when she moves on to the next thing - because her little gallop is so darn cute. 


A few days ago she actually let me BRAID her hair:



No comments:

Post a Comment