Friday, February 4, 2011

Popsicles in the Tub

It was very warm for a few days in a row and I think Lincoln started to feel like it must be summer because this morning he asked me if he could have a popsicle (he hadn't had any since last summer, but there were still a couple in the back of the freezer).

However, it was rainy and quite chilly outside (where they would normally eat their popsicles), so I let them have their icy treats in the bath-tub!



Showing off their orange tongues:





As I took this picture I wondered what her brother was doing to catch her attention:



So I moved the camera over and found Lincoln getting creative with his popsicle-eating technique:



The kids had such a good time that I think we might make it a Groundhog Day tradition!


P.S. Anndra's newest word is "yucky" - she said it for the first time at dinner last night when I tried to give her a bite of my baked potato (forgetting that she doesn't like sour cream). The moment it touched her tongue she made a face and said, "Yucky." I can't believe how fast she's learning!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I saw a friend doing that awhile ago and have tried it since where I give them a popsicle while they are actually taking a bath and they think it is the coolest thing in the world and you don't have to worry about getting themselves or their clothes all sticky.

    ReplyDelete