Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kids Caught Reading

I was putting away some clothes this morning and when I came out of my room I found ALL three of my kids reading!  Well, the two little ones don't really read yet - but they were looking at picture books on the stairs.  This was a bit of a shock.  First of all, it is RARE that all three of them would want to do the same thing at the same time without prompting from me.  Secondly, the fact that Lincoln and Anndra weren't fighting over a book was a nice change.  Third, it was surprising that they chose to read instead of jumping on the trampoline or playing dress-up or some other more active game.  So of course I grabbed the camera and snapped these.
 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! So much better than the things I "catch" Addie doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really great! I had a similar thing happen the other day. I caught Kate "reading" Green Eggs and Ham to Jane and Maren. It was cute because they were prompting her what to say and then being her audience. Jane can read a bit, but really they were just interpreting the pictures to tell her what to say...

    ReplyDelete