Sunday, June 3, 2012

Things my kids say...

My kids say lots of funny things and I always wish I could remember all of them forever.  But, unfortunately, life is too busy to record every little thing.  However, I decided to take a moment on this fine Sunday morning and post about these gems:


Anndra loves to say "by ALL mySELF" (instead of 'all by myself') anytime she doesn't want my help.  "No, Mom, I can do it by all myself!"

She also says, "But, Mom, I'm busy."  She uses this as an excuse whenever she doesn't want to do what I am asking her to do.  Today she said it in the bath when I asked her to get her hair wet so I could put shampoo on it (her LEAST favorite part of bath time).  She didn't even have any bath toys around her (we'd taken them out in preparation for the soap-down-then-rinse-and-get-out time).  So she really had nothing to do... but it was still a very emphatic: "I'm busy."

Lincoln has a little bit of that 4-year-old 'I'm the king of the world' phase going on right now.  I wish I could think of all the things he says and does that show this... but right now I've only got one in mind.  The other day he was walking by me on his way to the play room from the bathroom.  I said, "I love you, Lincoln."  He said, "You're welcome!"  Like he was doing me a favor by allowing me the privilege of loving him!

This next one is a bit like "by all myself" because Anndra is always switching parts of words or phrases around.  The one she has said a lot this week is "get-for" (instead of 'forget').  She constantly wants me to play with her by holding one of her little pony toys and talking as though I'm the pony.  Sometimes I think we are done and start to go do something else... that is when I hear her yell, "Wait, Mom! Don't get-for your pony!"

She even changes it to past tense.  Yesterday I went outside barefoot to put something in the car and she called out, "Mom, you got-for your shoes!"  I know I should correct her, but I haven't yet because I think it is so cute.  Does that make me a bad parent?


Now that you've made it through my stories, here are some pics from this week to enjoy:

Anndra loves anything do to with letters & numbers:

These next three may be hard to see, but they are Parker & Lincoln playing with glow-sticks:




No comments:

Post a Comment