Sunday, November 28, 2010

a few extra November items

It is fun to document little things. For example, we moved Anndra's crib to the other side of the room because she figured out how to get up to her window (which looks out onto our front porch) and do this:



...and she was way too distracted - looking at everything outside - to go to sleep for her naps.

Another little report for Anndra. We were able to pull her thin wisps of hair into a tiny ponytail on top of her head. She still yanks it out after 2 minutes like she does with the barrettes, but it is fun to see that she actually has enough hair to do this.






Lincoln has been learning his opposites and he loves to be quizzed. But the funny thing is that he likes to say "just" before each answer.

Mom: What's the opposite of hot?
Lincoln: Just cold.
Mom: What's the opposite of tall?
Lincoln: Just short.
Mom: What's the opposite of slow?
Lincoln: Just fast.

The other funny thing is when he can't remember the actual opposite and simply says something that makes sense to him.

Mom: What's the opposite of wet?
Lincoln: Just... {pause while he thinks} ...umbrellas!
Mom: What's the opposite of sad?
Lincoln: Just... being kind.


Of course Parker continues to amaze me EVERY DAY with his insightful comments, emotional maturity, and delightful temperament. Unfortunately, at the moment, I can't remember any of the stories I was planning to post here. Maybe they will come to me and I can go back and edit this entry. ~Sigh~


Finally, I have a few pics from a canoeing adventure Todd had with some co-workers on the Santa Fe River:







As I look over these pictures, I realize that I'm slowly beginning to appreciate the beauty of Florida. It helps that I've officially survived my 3rd summer here. I guess it only took 2 years or so for my body to get used to the heat... BUT I don't think ANY amount of time would be enough for Todd's body to get used to it!

1 comment:

  1. Anndra is so beautiful Jen! I love her little ponytail. My girls have also been loving opposites lately. When they (mostly Jane) don't know the answer, they just say "not _____" and fill the blank in with whatever you asked them. Like, "what's the opposite of winter?" "Not winter." Too silly. I can't wait to see you guys in a few months.

    ReplyDelete