Friday, June 4, 2010

Chess, anyone?

The elementary school recently had an event called "Chess Challenge" where they spend the entire school day playing chess. Parker got very excited about this and spent weeks practicing - his goal was to play at least one game of chess each day in preparation for the challenge.



Todd and I took turns playing against Parker while the other kept Lincoln occupied - usually by playing with the Connect4 set, which he calls "Lincoln's chess."



This was right about the time that we discovered Anndra's great love for Cheerios... which she will happily munch while we play. She also LOVES sitting by her daddy.



Parker did quite well in the challenge - even beating the 5th grader that he was eventually matched up against. However, he's very modest about it - claiming that she probably let him win. He earned a Chess Challenge t-shirt and a large chess set of his own.



In this last picture, I love how Parker and Lincoln have almost the exact same expression on their faces!

1 comment:

  1. Parker, will you play a game with me when I come to your house? You might have to remind me of the rules... :) I'm so proud of you, Parker!

    ReplyDelete