Friday, February 19, 2010

Lakes, mountains, castles...

...all picturesque in the snow - what more could we ask for?

A few shots of the gorgeous lakes we visited:





Check out the reflection in this one!




And, of course, how could we not love the Alps?



Todd and Dad went hiking in these amazing mountains - and they weren't the only ones: apparently Slovenes love to hike YEAR-ROUND. Everywhere you go, you see people setting off with those long hiking sticks that look kind of like ski poles. It made me admire them for really taking advantage of the opportunity to live in such a lovely place.






Finally, you can't go to Europe without seeing a castle or two (I think we saw three). Doesn't my Dad look handsome next to this drawbridge-style entrance: Mom's knight-in-shining-armor. ;)







I figured I'd also include the view from the castle pictured above.



I bet you can see why Slovenia is considered Europe's best kept secret.


P.S. Tomorrow we'll finish up these trip posts with baby pictures and skiing shots...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Wow, makes me wish I could watercolor some of those scenes (some day I'll learn). You've got a good eye with photography Jenneka.

    ReplyDelete