Monday, October 22, 2012

5th Grade Field Trip

Parker's class went to Glacier National Park last week.  We were the last group of the season and it was very cold.  But we still had a fun time and learned a lot.
We started by the lake and then hiked up into the part of the forest that was burned nine years ago (light brown area on the left side of the pic below).
A beautiful bald eagle flew right over our heads.
Parker was a great hiking buddy because of his positive attitude.
I loved the 'old' forest we walked through to get to the burned area.  It reminded me of Endor.
We were split into smaller groups for the hike.  This was ours:
 
I'm so happy I was able to go.  Thanks to Debbie for staying with my 2 little ones!
Me and my boy:

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a beautiful hike, but way way way too cold for me :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete