Friday, August 5, 2011

At long last... front teeth for P

But getting him to show his teeth in a smile is tricky - I got him to laugh and took this pic:



Anndra is learning to spell a little bit and it was at about this age when Lincoln got his name puzzle, so yesterday her own puzzle arrived and she was in heaven (because she's always coveted his):



And since Parker didn't want to be left out, we ordered one for him too:



He grabbed the camera and started doing a little photo shoot with his letters. My favorite one was this pic that he took with the camera upside down so that it would look like his name was hanging from the 'ceiling' - so clever!



Another thing Parker has been interested in lately is creating his own recipes for smoothies. If you ask him about it, he'll only tell you 2 or 3 of the ingredients because the rest are secret. But don't worry, he won't forget them - he records each recipe in his journal:



Anndra has gotten so FAST at climbing up to get a hold of things she's interested in. For example, I fixed myself an english muffin with pb&j and set it on the table. I stepped away for three seconds to grab my glass of milk and turned around to see my stealthy one-year-old doing this:



Is it just me, or does it seem like there is some kind of magnetism between sticky things and little kids' fingers? They always find each other!



The last thing to share in this first August post is from a morning this week when Todd went to work late (stayed home because he knew he was going to have to work all evening). While I slept (mmm, morning sleep - so delicious!), he got the kids involved in a superhero game:



It was so fun to wake up to Anndra running around the house yelling: MAT-Man! MAT-Man! (side note: her other newest word is band-aid, which she says "mand-ay").



Lincoln wore his spiderman suit the rest of the day and wanted to sleep in it that night.



I love how dress-up is a game that kids of MANY ages can enjoy (let's face it - even grow-ups enjoy it sometimes)... too bad they didn't get Todd to put on a cape or something and do more than just be the camera-man. :)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Where do you get those name puzzles? That is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get name puzzles for my kids. Let me know where you order them from. Also, congrats on your new teeth Parker...and I miss your kids...and I love the superhero outfits.

    ReplyDelete