Friday, March 11, 2011

Angry Anndra



Our baby girl had her first full-blown tantrum this week (Monday). She screamed her little head off for what felt like 20 or 30 minutes straight - which means it was probably more like 10 or 15 minutes... time always seems to go slower during these things. I guess she's entering her "terrible twos" early.



Speaking of firsts, I also gave Anndra her first true time-out this week. Up until now, if she was doing something wrong, I would just distract her by getting her involved in some other activity. But yesterday (Thursday) she pushed the button that turns the computer off: which is something she knows is not ok. So I got her to stand by the front door for 60 seconds (an eternity for a 17-month-old) and then apologize for breaking the rules. What a big girl!



And as long as we're doing an Anndra post, I can report some of her new words:
"sketty" for spaghetti
"bampeen" for trampoline
"sirsy" for thirsty
"ow-y" for the scrape on her hand



up
egg
"go-gur" for yogurt
paper
hat
"tee" for teeth ("bur tee" means brush teeth)



nose
home
ball
"bup" for jump
"HUGS" with her arms open wide



She has started running, climbing ladders, and swinging in a big-kid swing. She's also very interested in figuring out Lincoln's scooter. I'm sure she's not the first little sister to be determined to keep up with her big brothers!



I'm so proud of all her new abilities and the hard work she put in to learn them... but part of me feels like she is growing up WAY TOO FAST!

1 comment:

  1. So many cute pictures of Anndra! It is so fun to see all her new words. Kate's vocabulary is exploding too. I'm so glad that we get to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete