Friday, August 14, 2009

Swinging with Jane and Maren

Our trip to Utah in July was great. One of our favorite evenings was when we met up with Nate and Kristen at Jessie's place.

All four kids wanted to have the first turn in the swing, but thankfully everyone agreed that Lincoln (as the youngest) could go. Is that like a universal rule that all kids are taught by their parents? It's a good one.




Uncle Nate posed with the kids who weren't swinging - we distracted them so well with picture-taking that they didn't even notice that Lincoln was already done until Todd brought him over to join the group.






When it came to Jane's turn, she looked a little unsure if she trusted this big red-headed uncle (that she hadn't seen in a long time) buckling her in to the seat.




I don't think we realized how much the sun was peeking through the leaves when we got this picture, but I decided to include it anyway.




Of course, we had to capture the two pregnant bellies. It's hard to believe these two little girl cousins will be only 2 months apart (due in October and December).




While the two mommies-to-be were in front of the camera, Nate was giving Parker the ride of his life. As a side note: we now have the exact same swing in our back-yard... yes, that's how much Parker loved it - he had to have one for his very own. Now how do I explain why I can't do it quite like Uncle Nate when it's my job to push him?



I wish I were photo-shop savvy enough to zoom in on Parker's expression in this second shot - it is priceless.



Remember, as a kid, that feeling you got when you were swinging REALLY high and you could almost imagine yourself flying right off into the sky like superman? I think that is one of the best things about being a parent - I am constantly reminded of those simple childhood joys as I try to put myself in their shoes and think about how they see the world.


We were sad that we missed Brad, but it was nice to see everyone else. Thanks for everything, guys!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like loads of fun! And the shot of the two sister mommies is priceless... too fun!

    ReplyDelete